You have ( 0 ) items in your
Skin Layout Configurability
I've just been checking out a few of your skins and am settling on Dark Core and Game Time, but have just got a few questions. Please bear in mind I haven't used vBulletin before, just Wordpress, so am feeling my way around what it can do.
1. How easily can the top area of Dark Core be edited? There is a lot of links above the logo - can some of them be removed from the layout? (I'm mainly looking at the row of "your liks" on the top right). Can the whole menu area be switched to below the logo in the setup or vBulletin?
2. Are all the lighter regions in Game Time able to be set to a darker colour in vBulletin?
3. Are all the gradients editable by replacing the image files, and can I replace the image files to square off the rounded corners?
Bonus Question: I don't suppose Socialise would be available in non-Fixed Width any time soon?
Many thanks - you honestly have the coolest skins of all the sites I have been scouring!
1. The ( Your Links ) menu can either be removed completely or you can have just a few links. The menu bar will shorten as you remove how ever many ( your links ). I'm not sure about it being moved, but you can get rid of it all together.
2. Yes, via the style variable editor and the additional.css file. But some may require image editing.
3. Yes, you can replace the image files to square off the rounded corners. What gradients are you referring to?
Bonus Answer: You can actually convert socialize from fixed to fluid. I will actually talk with Adam later today in maybe get a tutorial up on the site on how to convert the socialize theme to a fluid instead of fixed.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
3. The category header bars and so on. I can't quite confirm if they are a (stretched?) image in some of the templates. I'm probably going to make them into solid bright yellow squared-off boxes.By the sound of it, you're basically saying everything - images & colours - is either editable in a very simple way in vB, or can be switched for new image files out via FTP.
Bonus answer: Awesome. The question is whether it is a simple thing to do in a step-by-step way. It really is my favorite, and I'll buy it in a heartbeat now if that's the case.
If that indeed IS the case, I'm going to retool it to match the general style of this site mockup - Fortune and Glory Test | Just another WordPress site - so just want to confirm that the main menu button images can be swapped out, and things like the thin horizontal gray stripes you have above HELLO and below the Click here 2 register can be edited to be yellow via Photoshop.
Many thanks, Kurt
Okay let me say this, anything is possible if you know what your doing. If you know and understanding coding and you know how to use photoshop to make your edits and apply them properly, then yes it's very easy. But I do not know the knowledge that you have about vBulletin, coding or editing in photoshop so I can't say it will be easy. I can say that its possible, but it may not be easy. We do not provide support for customers trying to modify a theme in there own way. If you are modifying the theme, you are on your own in terms of figuring out how to edit certain colors, links, images, etc. As it would just be impossible to sit here and provide that kind of support to everyone who buys from us as everyone has there own thoughts in how they want there theme to look, so take all of our 1000+ customers we have now, and having each one ask us how to edit this, move this, stretch this an that, move this down here, move that up there... like I said, it would just be impossible. But if you feel you have a great deal of knowledge in coding and editing a psd file, that you should be fine.
Also I'm not trying to discourage you from buying one of our themes, I just want to be open and honest with you. I myself am just a designer and Adam is very busy with custom orders and coding pre-mades to be sitting here on the forums answering customization questions that customers are asking all day + Adam has a day job he attends to as well so it's really just me on the forums most of the time and I'm not coder, I'm just a designer.
We will provide support for reported bugs etc. but when it comes to customization of themes, that's something we no longer deal with. We use to do custom request for $50 dollars /hour but not no more. It just took up a large piece of the day in which we were working on custom request from customers who ordered them.
Thanks for that - yes I understand, and I get it. I own a marketing company and know exactly how it is in terms of time, expectations, etc. Its cool. I was just trying to get a "vibe" from you having not messed with vB before.
So bottom line is, if you can give me an answer re converting the Social theme to a fluid layout, and how to do that, I'll buy it and muddle through the rest.
many thanks again mate,
Bump. So if I could follow up - any word re a tutorial for a fluid layout for Social? Just waiting on that so we can buy it.
I will update this thread later today or tomorrow in regards to instructions on how to make the theme fluid. I apologize about the wait.
Thanks mate - appreciate it.
Social will come out in fluid, such a big request from so many we can't ignore it. To be honest I code all skins for fluid and jsut set that to be fixed because of the mid section. Easy solution to do this requires two style var modifications
doc_width = 990px to 100%
doc_margin = 0 auto 0 auto to 0 35 0 35
By xafltexans in forum Defraction vBulletin Theme
Last Post: 07-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Tags for this Thread